In this class, the student will be researching an interest of their choice such as but not limited to: food, fashion (clothing / make up), education, fitness, movies, music, sports, famous people, politics (wars / presidents /scandals), art, technology (inventions / medical), books (comics / magazines), religion, architecture, and cars in a particular decade.
The student will:
- create a daily journal of their research on their chosen topic.
- include 5 vocabulary terms on their topic in their weekly presentation.
- present their “decade” weekly in the form of a Google slide show, Powerpoint, Prezi, poster, video that they created, become the character, create the food or any other teacher approved presentation.
- Attend and participate in class regularly.
- Follow directions. Once in class, write in agenda. Students are to be seated before the tardy bell rings.
- Display a positive attitude. Respect yourself and others.
- Come to class prepared. Have the proper materials.
- Ask questions when needed.
- Use the restroom before or after class---not during class.
- Resource books such as:
Where Were You When?
The 20th Century Year by Year
The Century for Young People
Materials for Class:
- Pen (blue or black ink) or pencil
- Notebook paper (wide ruled preferred)
- Students are responsible for obtaining any missed assignment and turning it into the teacher.
- Classwork (Vocabulary) = 25%
- Homework (Daily Journals) = 35%
- Test (Presentations) = 40%